City of Gastonia administrative offices will be closed Monday, May 29 for the Memorial Day holiday. Some City services may be affected by the holiday.
Below is more information as it pertains to City services:
- Monday’s garbage pickup will be delayed until Tuesday, May 30.
- Monday and Tuesday customers will not receive yard waste or excess trash collection on May 29 or 30.
- Residents can use the personalized WasteWise app for information about City of Gastonia Solid Waste pickup schedules throughout the year.
- No bus service on Monday, May 29.
Parks and Recreation:
- City parks will be open regular hours on the holiday.
- Community Centers and Adult Recreation Center will be closed on the holiday.
- The Skeet & Trap Range will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rankin Lake Boathouse will be open from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. (last boat rentals at 7:00 p.m.)
- Splash-pads at Lineberger Park and Erwin Park will be open.
- Swimming pools will be open.
For more information, visit the Parks and Recreation webpage.
The Schiele Museum:
- The Schiele Museum and Farm will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets can be reserved in advance or purchased at the door.
Gastonia, N.C., just minutes west of Charlotte, is one of the area’s best places to live and work with an ideal combination of location, size and livability. Gastonia is the largest of Gaston County’s 13 municipalities and one of the largest cities in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Selected as an All-America City three times, Gastonia’s desirable quality of life is the result of its beautiful natural surroundings, friendly neighborhoods, responsive government and vibrant business environment.