City of Gastonia’s Transit Division is implementing temporary bus schedule changes to address unfilled positions for bus drivers. The changes will take effect on Monday, November 13 and will be in effect until further notice.
“Due to unfilled bus driver positions, we are adjusting our bus routes so that riders can still reach their destinations,” said Dale Denton, Director of Public Works. “We believe this is a short term adjustment, as we have applicants in the pipeline ready to work. We are asking for the public’s patience while we work through the temporary schedule.”
What routes are being adjusted?
- Effective Monday, November 13, afternoon bus routes will run a Saturday schedule through December 4.
- Afternoon schedule begins at 1:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- All routes will be affected: Pink & Blue Line, Brown & Red Line, and Yellow & Green Lines.
How will residents know about the bus route changes?
- Riders can print the temporary bus schedules on the City’s website at this link.
- Drivers will give printed copies of bus routes to riders.
- Signs will be posted alerting riders about the bus changes.
If riders have questions or need assistance planning their trip, they can call 704-866-6855.
To apply for positions with the City of Gastonia click here.