City of Gastonia administrative offices will be closed Friday, November 10 for Veterans Day. Gastonia will host a Veterans Day Parade on that day organized by the Gaston County Veterans Council on Saturday, November 11.
Veterans Day Parade details:
The parade will be held on Saturday, November 11 starting at 11 a.m. at the intersection of Broad Street and Main Avenue in Gastonia. The parade route will travel:
- West on Main Avenue through Downtown Gastonia.
- South on South Street, crossing Franklin Boulevard.
- East on Second Avenue, ending at Memorial Hall at 109 W. Second Avenue.
Street closures: Broad Street between Long and Franklin Boulevard will close at 9:30 a.m. Main Avenue from Broad to S. South Street, S. South Street to Second Avenue, and Second Avenue to Memorial Hall will close at 10 a.m.
Dr. MLK Jr. Way and Franklin Boulevard will be open until about 11 a.m.
City services and venues that will be affected by the Veterans Day holiday:
- City of Gastonia administrative offices will be closed on Friday, November 10.
- City transit buses will not run on November 10 or 11.
- There will be no trash collection on November 10.
- The City will not provide excess household trash collection, yard waste, or leaf vacuuming on November 10 or November 13.
- Residents can use the WasteWise app to receive personalized notifications about holiday-related changes to Solid Waste collection.
- The Schiele Museum of Natural History will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Veterans, active military members, and their families can enjoy free admission to the Museum all day.
- Gastonia City parks and the Skeet and Trap Range will be open on Veterans Day.
- The City’s community centers will be closed on Veterans Day.