Hill Street has been added to the list of temporarily closed streets near Gastonia’s Franklin Urban Sports and Entertainment district. Electric contractors are now working at the future FUSE site, installing electrical conduits around the perimeter. For a safe work environment, electric crews asked that several streets near the FUSE site remain closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic for at least a month.
Detours are shown on the map in green.
- Closed in both directions from Franklin Boulevard to the railroad tracks through May 13
- Closed in both directions from Franklin Boulevard to the railroad tracks
- Closed in both directions from Franklin Boulevard to West Airline Avenue through June 6
- To get to Airline Avenue, the suggested alternate route is Chester Street
West Main Avenue:
- Closed in both directions between Clay and Hill streets
- Traffic will be detoured onto Franklin Boulevard using Whitesides Street through June 6
Some streets near the FUSE district were closed in 2018 to allow for the safe demolition of buildings on the property. In January, other streets were temporarily closed for installation of new water and sewer lines under Trenton Street near FUSE. Construction on the City’s portion of the FUSE project is scheduled to begin later this year.