City of Gastonia administrative offices will be closed on Monday, September 4 for Labor Day, which is a holiday for most City of Gastonia employees. Residents should note other services and activities below that will be impacted by the holiday.
Garbage pickup on Monday, September 4 will be delayed until Tuesday, September 5.
- Monday and Tuesday customers will not receive yard waste or excess trash collection on September 4 and 5.
- Residents can use the personalized WasteWise app for notifications about holiday-related changes to Solid Waste collection.
No bus service on Monday, September 4.
Parks & Recreation
- The Lineberger Park swimming pool will be open for regular swim sessions on Labor Day, prior to closing for the season.
- Session 1 at 12:30 – 3 p.m.
- Session 2 at 3:30 – 6 p.m.
- $4.00 per person for pool entry
- Splash pads will be open daily from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. until September 5.
- City parks, park playgrounds, and picnic shelters will be open regular hours, from sunrise to sunset on Labor Day.
- Community centers will be closed for the Labor Day weekend.
- The Skeet and Trap Range will be open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Labor Day.
- The Rankin Lake Boathouse will be open from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Labor Day.
Schiele Museum of Natural History
- The Schiele Museum of Natural History will be open to the public on Monday, September 4 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Visitors can enjoy museum exhibits, planetarium programs, The Farm, and Nature Trail. Find planetarium program times and details using the calendar of events at schielemuseum.org
- Labor Day marks the last day of free admission for active military, veterans, and their families through Blue Star Museums and the support of Dignity Memorial. Get info at org/blue-star-museums.