Progressive Rail’s Piedmont & Northern Railroad is making a $4.9 million investment in Gastonia with a new Carload Connection Campus, located at 601 N. Modena Street. Progressive Rail’s expansion in services is expected to bring 25-30 new jobs to Gastonia.
“This new facility will allow Progressive Rail to bring value-added services to their customers,” said City of Gastonia Economic Development Director Kristy Crisp. “They have received a $920,000 grant from the North Carolina DOT Rail Division for the new spurs on the property, and we are working with them to get a building reuse grant from the North Carolina Department of Commerce.”
The Carload Connection Campus will include:
- 190,000 square feet of rail served warehouse space.
- Over six acres of land ideal for outside storage space.
- Overhead gantry crane service to be added in 2018.
- Antiseptically clean and contained bulk products transloading capabilities.
- Blending, manufacturing, pulverizing and bagging/super sacking services.
- Tank car heating capabilities.
“This is the perfect supply chain solution for many of our friends and customers,” said William Bartosh, director of operations for Progressive Rail in Gastonia. Interested businesses can get more information by calling Progressive Rail’s Director of Marketing – North Carolina Gerre Goard at 612-772-1730.
More information about Progressive Rail’s Piedmont & Northern Railroad can be found online at www.progressiverail.com.