A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for our area, and the City of Gastonia is preparing for the likelihood of freezing rain, sleet and snow over the weekend and into Monday.
Helpful phone numbers, websites and apps:
- For a life-threatening emergency requiring police, fire or medic, please call 911.
- City of Gastonia Electric/Two Rivers Utilities customers can report a power, water or sewer outage by using the COG-TRU Outages app or web portal or by calling 704-866-6823.
- To report fallen trees in the road, call 704-866-6843.
- Collection of garbage, recyclables and yard waste, including leaf vacuuming, may be changed, depending on street conditions. Residents can get up-to-date information on the WasteWise app and website portal.
- Residents can sign up to receive Blackboard Connect notifications from the City via phone call, email or text. These notifications can include road closings; interruptions in City services; canceled or postponed meetings, events and recreation activities; or other situations that could affect the safety, property or welfare of our residents.
Keep in mind:
- City of Gastonia Public Works crews will begin working around the clock starting Saturday evening, treating priority roads and bridges that are under the City’s jurisdiction. City crews will not apply brine to roadways because it would be washed away by rain that is expected to fall as the storm system arrives.
- If you see a downed power line, do not go near it.
- The public meeting about the FUSE project, which was scheduled for Monday, Dec. 10, will be rescheduled after the holidays.