Christmas and New Year’s Day will affect office hours and services provided by the City of Gastonia. City administrative offices will be closed for the Christmas holiday on Friday, Dec. 24 and Monday, Dec. 27, and will be closed for the New Year’s Day holiday on Friday, Dec. 31.
- Garbage will be collected on Friday, Dec. 24.
- No garbage collection Monday, Dec. 27. Monday and Tuesday routes will be collected on Tuesday, Dec. 28.
- No other types of Solid Waste collection or pickup services on Dec. 24 or 28.
- No garbage collection Friday, Dec. 31. Friday and Monday routes will be collected on Monday, Jan. 3.
- Christmas trees can be placed at the curb for collection on regularly scheduled garbage pick-up days starting Tuesday, Dec. 28.
- Please remove all lights, tinsel and ornaments from Christmas trees.
- Artificial Christmas trees are not yard waste. They are considered household trash.
- Residents can use the WasteWise app and webpage to keep track of garbage, leaf vacuuming and yard waste pickup schedules.
- Buses will run a Saturday schedule on Dec. 24, 27 and 31.
- No transit service on Saturday, Dec. 25.
- No transit service on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022.
- No charge to ride Gastonia Transit buses through Jan. 3, 2022.
Parks and Recreation:
- City parks will be open during the holidays. Social distancing and mask requirements apply.
- Skeet and Trap Range closed Dec. 24, 25 and 31, and Jan. 1. Fields are limited to five shooters at a time.
- Closed Dec. 24 and 25. Open regular hours on Dec. 26.
- Regular hours on Saturday, Jan. 1.
- Museum tickets must be reserved in advance.