Gastonia Transit is implementing a series of route changes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the current service. Most areas currently served by Gastonia Transit will continue to have bus access, although the streets used by the buses will differ in some cases and some route schedules will change.
Key changes include:
- Revision of Route #2 to take the portion of South New Hope Road, Bradford Heights Road, Stoneybrook Avenue and Huntsmoor Drive from the current Route #1.
- Revision of Route #5, including inbound and outbound on Highland Street. (Currently this route uses Pryor Street.)
- Discontinuing service on Glenn Street, Holland Avenue and Collinston Street. (These areas to be served on West Davidson Street).
- Discontinuing service on Webb Street. (To be serviced on West Franklin Boulevard.)
- Servicing the new FUSE District Transfer Station both inbound and outbound on Airline Avenue.
The proposed route and service changes will go into effect on Monday, July 11, 2022. Paper copies of the new route maps and schedules will be available at the Bradley Transit Station on Friday, July 8.
People with questions about Gastonia Transit are asked to call the Bradley Transit Station at 704-866-6855.