City of Gastonia administrative offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 6 for Labor Day, which is a holiday for most City of Gastonia employees. Residents should note other services and activities below that will be impacted by the holiday.
Garbage pickup on Monday, Sept. 6 will be delayed until Tuesday.
- Monday and Tuesday customers will not receive yard waste or excess trash collection on Sept. 6 and 7.
- Residents can use the personalized WasteWise app for notifications about holiday-related changes to Solid Waste collection.
- No bus service on Sept. 6.
Parks and Recreation
- Splash pads will be open daily from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. through September 15.
- City parks, park playgrounds and picnic shelters will be open regular hours: sunrise to sunset, on Labor Day.
- Community centers will be closed for the Labor Day weekend.
- The Skeet and Trap Range will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Labor Day.
- The Rankin Lake Boathouse will be open from noon to 6 p.m. on Labor Day.
Schiele Museum of Natural History
The Schiele Museum of Natural History will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitors can select museum exhibits, planetarium, and The Farm, or any combination of these for their experience. More information on planetarium programs and tickets can be found at www.SchieleMuseum.org. The Museum’s nature trail will be open on Labor Day.