Safety is one of the City of Gastonia’s core values and 12 City departments and divisions were recently presented with safety awards from the North Carolina Department of Labor. Several departments and divisions have received safety awards for consecutive years.
“These awards reinforce our commitment to safety in many departments across our City,” said Deputy City Manager Todd Carpenter. “Thank you to the employees behind the scenes who make safety an important part of our business operations.”
Gold Award – Criteria: Rate of days away from work, job transfer or restriction must be at least 50% below the industry average.
- City Manager’s Office – sixth consecutive year
- Gastonia Fire Department – fourth consecutive year
- Financial Services – second consecutive year
- Public Utilities/Electric – second consecutive year
- Public Utilities/Wastewater Treatment – second consecutive year
- Public Utilities/Water Treatment – second consecutive year
- Public Works/Building Maintenance – second consecutive year
- Schiele Museum – second consecutive year
- Technology Services – first year recipient
SILVER AWARD – Criteria: Rate of days from work must be at least 50% below the industry average.
- Housing and Community Engagement
- Public Works
- Parks and Recreation Department
The awards were presented by NC Commissioner of Labor Josh Dobson.