City of Gastonia administrative offices will be closed on Monday, September 5 for Labor Day, which is a holiday for most City of Gastonia employees. Residents should note other services and activities below that will be impacted by the holiday.
Garbage pickup on Monday, September 5 will be delayed until Tuesday, September 6.
- Monday and Tuesday customers will not receive yard waste or excess trash collection on September 5 and 6.
- Residents can use the personalized WasteWise app for notifications about holiday-related changes to Solid Waste collection.
No bus service on Monday, September 5.
Parks and Recreation
- The Lineberger Park swimming pool will be open for regular swim sessions on Labor Day, prior to closing for the season.
- Session 1: 12:30 – 3 p.m.
- Session 2: 3:30 – 6 p.m.
- $4.00 per person for pool entry
- Splash pads will be open daily from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. through September 15.
- City parks, park playgrounds, and picnic shelters will be open regular hours: sunrise to sunset on Labor Day.
- Community centers will be closed for the Labor Day weekend.
- The Skeet and Trap Range will be open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Labor Day.
- The Rankin Lake Boathouse will be open from noon – 6 p.m. on Labor Day.
Schiele Museum of Natural History
- The Schiele Museum of Natural History will be open on Monday, September 5 to the public from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Visitors can select museum exhibits, planetarium, and The Farm, or any combination of these for their experience. Nature trail will be open on Labor Day.
- Labor Day is the last day of free admission for the Blue Star Museum (military)and Dignity Memorial (veterans).
- More information on planetarium programs and tickets can be found at SchieleMuseum.org.