This page updated Nov. 10, 2020.
The City of Gastonia is continuing its efforts to respond to the spread of coronavirus and to help protect the public and its employees. That action includes complying with the State of North Carolina’s orders about Phase 3 and requiring face coverings in public. The information below may help you as you make plans to visit City-owned buildings or facilities.
City employees can still be reached by telephone and email, and contact information for departments is available on the City’s website.
Gastonia City Hall, 181 S. South St., is closed to the public.
- Individuals who wish to speak during the public comment portion of a City public meeting must register in advance and attend remotely.
Garland Municipal Business Center, 150 S. York St., including the Utilities Customer Service Center, is closed to the public.
Customers can pay utility bills:
- by phone at 704-866-6716
- at payment drop boxes
- by mail.
Cash payments on utility bills also can be made at automated kiosks and several retail locations.
- For Code Enforcement issues, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6760.
- For Building Permits and Inspections, call 704-866-6729, ext. 3, or use the iBuild portal.
- For Engineering-related services, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6943.
- For grants, City-owned property, and Downtown issues, call 704-854-6631.
- For small business, retail, and general development, call 704-869-7866.
- For emergency business disaster relief, contact the Small Business Administration at 800-877-8339.
- Community Development, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6752.
- Keep Gastonia Beautiful and Sister Cities, visit the webpages or call 704-869-1938.
- Bradley Transit Station, 121 N. Oakland St., is closed for repairs as passengers do not need tickets to ride Gastonia buses through Jan. 3.
- Administrative offices are closed to the public.
- Parks, greenways, playgrounds and trails are open sunrise to sunset. Some facilities inside City parks remain closed.
- Cemetery administrative office closed to the public. Call 704-866-6857.
Get more information about:
- The City’s Phase 3 operation plans, including Transit, Utilities, Parks and Recreation, the Schiele Museum, Police and Fire departments, and City facilities.